Koyasan is a world heritage in Wakayama. 1,200 years will have passed since Kukai made Koyasan as a sacred place of esoteric Buddhism on 2014.
I went to there on 24th January with Karin. It was first time for me. There were much snow there and it was too cold... but there were few people because most shop had a regular holiday on Monday :P I thought Koyasan is in only a mountain but that is also a place people live. These places are tourism spots like Yuasa.
We went to Okunoin. It was so quiet. We could hear only the sound of our footsteps on the snow. My foreigner friends told me, "Koyasan is the best place in Wakayama." and I could understand what they meant. I want to go there again but except Monday!!!
Defenaitely not on Mondays, next time!!
返信削除It was fun going ther with you ;)
Just NOT on mondays!!! lol